Google Analytics Tracking Code

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Party Hat Mailboxes


I am so lucky! In my church I get to work with the youth in the Young Women's program and I get to serve with some of the most amazing creative ladies! Our theme for girls camp this year is "Happily Ever After" based on a talk given by Dieter F. Uchtdorf Second Counselor in the First Presidency. If you'd like to read his talk click here. I wanted to share these cone mailboxes we made in our Young Women activity last night. We'll be hanging them on trees branches up at camp and using them as mailboxes. They turned out so cute! The picture doesn't do them justice! I wish I would have had a solid wall to hang them on for the picture. Anyway they were so easy and you could use them in so many different ways...I'm thinking birthday party decorations or party favor holders! My three year old was so excited when she saw them that I have plans to make one with her for an art project and hang it on her door. We're all girl at my house and love sparkly frilly things! Here's what you need:

1 - 12x12 sheet of cardstock per cone
craft glue
hole punch
scissors
tulle/ribbon
any accessories

  1. Roll cardstock into cone shape and glue. The top will not be a circle you will need to cut around so it is a circle. Don't worry if it's not perfect the boa will cover it.
  2. Next punch 2 holes across from each other to attach tulle. This will be how you hang your cone.
  3. Thread tulle (or ribbon) through each hole and tie a double knot to secure it. Don't pull the knots tight. I also left a tail of tulle on each side.
  4. Next add your accessories. We used feather boas around the top and some used them around the bottom. We put the girls initials on them and some have princess tiara's and of course some bling!
Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...