Google Analytics Tracking Code

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Dresser Makeover

We finally have a dresser! For the past two years we've used a dresser that didn't fit in our room. It overlapped the window and made the setup horrible! So I finally sold it on KSL (for $100) but then we didn't have a dresser. We ended up using our master bath as our dresser for over a month, but it was totally worth the wait! When I saw our new dresser it pretty much was love at first sight! I knew I had to have it and all the long hours searching on KSL classifieds paid off. I found this lovely lady for $40 and all she needed was a good cleaning. Here's the process:
  1. First I used Kilz spray primer and made sure I had an even coat over the entire dresser. I've tried a few different brands of primer and Kilz is by far the best.
  2. Then I used Krylon Glossy White spray paint and this took a couple coats (make sure to let each coat dry completely before applying the next coat). A glossy paint finish is easier to clean so I prefer to use that over any other finish.
  3. After the paint is completely dry I applied the glaze. I used Behr faux glaze tinted with black paint. There is so much detail on the drawers of the dresser and the glaze really makes it stand out. When applying glaze I use a foam brush and barely dip the tip in the glaze (a little goes a long way) apply it in the crease and then wipe with a damp wash cloth.
  4. Then I used Rustoleum Hammered Oil Rubbed Bronze for the hardware.
And that's it! It took a day to complete and we couldn't be happier to finally after 2 years have a dresser that fits in our bedroom and is beautiful! Enjoy!






Visit thecsiproject.com

14 comments:

rachel said...

oooh i love it! you did a great job.

Michelle L. said...

Hi, Marie! That is SUCH a nice makeover! A totally different vibe. I wouldn't have thought it could turn out so pretty - love your choices!

Carri K said...

Absolutely love how this turned out! Very nice!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

LOVE!!!!!! Love it so much.....am featuring in my Friday Thrity Thursday flashback! Thanks for linking up, my friend! It's not a party with out you!

LIVE*LOVE*LAUGH
Leigh
Tales from Bloggeritaville
www.lbratina.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Came from Spunky Junky! I've always wanted to try glaze!

Mrs. Moon said...

I love the makeover. I need to redo my master bedroom furniture. that looks amazing.

Pamela said...

Ohhhh nice...great before and after.

I'm visiting (and following) from The Thrifty Home. Happy to have "met" you!

May your week be one of joy,
Pamela

Spunky Junky said...

LOVE IT! The transformation is amazing! I am featuring you on Spunky Junky!

xoxo
Halsey

Tamarynn Leigh said...

You did such an incredible job! I love how it turned out. Featuring today on Sew Dang Cute!

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

Great transformation!!

Legacy of Love said...

Wow is all I can say. The after look is so stately and beautiful!

Unknown said...

This looks fantastic-absolutely LOVE the color! I found you through Today's Craft Blog's link party and would love it if you linked up to my weekly Tutorial Tuesday

Kari
Newlyweds on a Budget

Teresa@Much-A-Do said...

Simply - WOW! Keep you fingers crossed that I can find something similar in my neck of the woods, because this is exactly what I've been imagining! You made this piece look amazing - great inspiration!

Teresa

cathhasablog@gmail.com said...

What an amazing makeover! So inspiring...thanks for the tutorial!! ! I am one of your new loyal followers! When you have a chance come on by and check out my blog (and make sure to say hi!). If you like my blog, I would love it if you would follow me back! Cath @ Home is Where my Heart is: http://cathhasablog.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...