- First I used Kilz spray primer and made sure I had an even coat over the entire dresser. I've tried a few different brands of primer and Kilz is by far the best.
- Then I used Krylon Glossy White spray paint and this took a couple coats (make sure to let each coat dry completely before applying the next coat). A glossy paint finish is easier to clean so I prefer to use that over any other finish.
- After the paint is completely dry I applied the glaze. I used Behr faux glaze tinted with black paint. There is so much detail on the drawers of the dresser and the glaze really makes it stand out. When applying glaze I use a foam brush and barely dip the tip in the glaze (a little goes a long way) apply it in the crease and then wipe with a damp wash cloth.
- Then I used Rustoleum Hammered Oil Rubbed Bronze for the hardware.
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
We finally have a dresser! For the past two years we've used a dresser that didn't fit in our room. It overlapped the window and made the setup horrible! So I finally sold it on KSL (for $100) but then we didn't have a dresser. We ended up using our master bath as our dresser for over a month, but it was totally worth the wait! When I saw our new dresser it pretty much was love at first sight! I knew I had to have it and all the long hours searching on KSL classifieds paid off. I found this lovely lady for $40 and all she needed was a good cleaning. Here's the process: