Google Analytics Tracking Code

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Eyechart Canvas

A few months back I found an awesome FREE website to make custom eye charts. You type in the text you want and it creates it for you. So AWESOME right? At that time I was working with the other fabulous young women leaders in my ward on our young women in excellence program. I am a member of  The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and you can find out more about it here or by emailing me. I was in charge of the take home gift for the girls and our theme was "Become Something Extraordinary". As I was typing different text to fit perfectly on the eye chart I decided to enter in the theme and it fit perfectly! You seriously have no idea how excited I was! I have been so excited to share this with all of you!
  • To create your eye chart click here. Or use any photo print you want.
  • Print eye chart in desired size. We decided on 8x10 and printed them at Costco.
  • You'll also need a canvas, modge podge and foam brush.
  1. Cover your work area with a drop cloth, newspaper or whatever you have on hand.
  2. Cut photo to exact size of canvas. You will want the edge of the print to be flush with the edge of the canvas.
  3. Pour a generous amount of modge podge directly on canvas and use foam brush to spread and even layer on entire canvas being sure to go all the way to the edge. Brush the glue from the center towards the edge so you don't get globs of glue running over the edge of the canvas.
 

4. Press print on canvas firmly. 

5. Set aside and let it completely dry.
6. Once the canvas is dry you will put another layer of modge podge over the print using a foam brush. Make sure to spread the glue using long even strokes going from top to bottom.


7. Let canvas dry completely.

Not here's the lame part...I totally forgot to take a pretty picture of the final outcome! Take my word for it they were super cute!

There's so many different options of things you could create using the eye chart maker. Don't you think it would be such a cute personalized baby gift? Or a personalized wedding gift? Here's a couple I came up with.


Now go create your own! Enjoy!


*Check out these awesome parties I link up at!

11 comments:

Katalina Jewelry said...

Marie, this is a great idea! I bet the young women loved their inspirational eye chart!

Maureen said...

Absolutely love it!
I'd love for you to link up to my very first Fresh Friday Link Party!
http://www.releasemecreations.com/2011/10/fresh-fridays-link-party.html
-Maureen

Anonymous said...

I love this, Marie! What a great site to find! It looks like so much fun, and I bet the girls loved it!

Cottage and Broome said...

What a fun project, sot came out great! Laura Cottage and Broome

Blissful & Domestic said...

Love the chart you made for young womens so cool. I want one now. This is on my craft list now. Thanks for sharing and linking up:)

Elle and Lou said...

These eye charts looks great and they are fun too. Thanks for the tute. Lynda

the cape on the corner said...

these are on my list of things to (one day) make. love yours!

Anonymous said...

what a great idea!! I am pinning this. I would LOVE it if you'd link up to my tuesday linky party {totally tutorials tuesday} http://measuredbytheheart.com/2011/11/totally-tutorials-tuesday-111.html
Thanks!!

Michelle Johnnie said...

What a great theme for YWs! Super cute idea.

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

I love this for your church. My hubby is a youth minister- I may make something like this for our youth room. Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday.

Melanie
bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

OOOO! I have to try this. Thanks for the inspiration. I'm pinning it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...