Google Analytics Tracking Code

Thursday, October 20, 2011

{2 x 4} Mummies

Hello friends! I had to add just one more Halloween project for this year :) I've seen different versions of mummies this year and decided to make my own. I wanted to use what I already had so here's what I came up with.


Here's what you'll need:
  • Any scrap wood you have laying around. I used 2x4's left from when we tore down a wall in our kitchen last February.
  • Scrap fabric. This was left over from curtains in the nursery. I cut the strips about 1 1/2 inches thick and as long as I could.
  • Googly eyes
  • Hot glue and glue gun
  1. Wrap fabric vertically around wood and secure with a dab of glue at the end.
  2. Wrap fabric horizontally around wood. Tie strips of fabric together to create the bows and knots.
  3. Add googly eyes with hot glue.
And you're done! This project seriously took about 30 minutes from start to finish...and that's with kids doing projects at the same time...it was that easy! Enjoy!

*Linking up to these amazing parties!

17 comments:

Dez said...

These are way cute! What a fun idea:)

Katalina Jewelry said...

Adorable mummies! I like the fabric bows - they add a lot of charm.

Kate Sparkles said...

Hi There,
found you via the Happy Hour Projects link up.. these little guys are SO cute and such a simple way to add a little seasonal charm! Adorable!

Shannon @FairfaceWashcloths said...

So cute! I love how their little eyes pop out under the wrap. Great idea!
shannonsews.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Cute idea! Thanks for sharing,Joann

Unknown said...

Such a cute little project and you reused stuff and I really love idea's like that. Thanks!
Have a Great Week!
~Rainey~ @ The Project Table

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Fabulous Halloween idea! Great job. Thanks for sharing.
Hope to see you on my blog:)

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Darn cute idea and thanks for sharing it at NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAY. Please be sure to post a link to my party here on your post:)

Blessings,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Here from Coastal Charm and this is stinking cute. C.U.T.E is this. Redefined. Love this.

Natalia Lynn said...

oh I love these! What a great, simple idea! Perfect!

Liz @ Here's to Handy Andy said...

These are so cute! Great idea. Thanks for sharing!

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

absolutely adorable!!!! thanks for sharing...found you on transformation thursday and now i am your newest follower : ) wishing you a picture perfect day!

Chris said...

Hi Marie, that's a different slant on an old theme. Good job. I recently found your blog and am now folliwing and hope to visit more often. Please pop on over to mine and perhaps you could also follow me. Hugs, Chris

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

Great addition to the pumpkin ones I've seen! Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday.

Melanie
bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

Kaitlin Saenz said...

How cute! I'm hosting a Fabulous Fall party over at Not So Simple Housewife and I'd love for you to link this up! We are celebrating Fall and giving me and everybody else some great inspiration. We are looking for crafts, decor, food, and more! I'd love for you to add this and any other fall posts you may have!

Kaitlin-The Not So SImple Housewife
http://notsosimplehousewife.blogspot.com/2011/10/fabulous-fall-link-party.html

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

These are so cute! Thank you for sharing and linking to Wicked Awesome Wednesday!

Jami said...

Bootifully done!! So happy to have you a part of the Tuesday To Do Party!
Smiles!
Jami
www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...