Google Analytics Tracking Code

Friday, October 7, 2011

Halloween Decor

Happy weekend friends! It's officially winter here in Utah! OK it's not that bad, but we went from 80 degrees and sunshine last week to 50 degrees, snow covered mountains, clouds and lots of rain this week! Besides hating to be cold I do love this time of year! I love scarves and boots, but most of all I love the holidays and decorating for them! And it gets better and better over the next couple of months! Holiday decorations are for me, but it's also for my kids to enjoy. For that reason I chose to go with a black, bright purple, orange and green color scheme when I started making items a couple years ago. This year I added the pieces on top of the piano. I had everything on hand to make it which is a huge plus. So here's my Halloween decor right now, but I've seen so many great things this year I may add more :)


I made the Halloween blocks a couple years ago...It's what started my color scheme :)
You can see my post about the {2x4} Pumpkins here. I've been meaning to post about the jar with the green balls in it. All items are from Dollar Tree. It's a vase and candle stick holder glued together. I wrapped styrofoam balls with green yarn and secured with a dab of craft glue as I was wrapping.


 For this display I covered books I had with scrapbook paper I already had. I used tulle and ribbon wreaths on the pottery and the pumpkins are from the dollar store.I still need to paint those and dress them up!

 Here's a picture of the tulle and ribbon wreath when it's hanging up. I originally made these to go somewhere else, but I needed them on the piano display. These were super easy! I used a foam wreath form from the dollar store and tulle and ribbon that I already had on hand. Wrap ribbon around wreath form to cover it completely. Then tie strips of tulle and ribbon alternating.

 Pumpkin lights tied up with ribbon line the railings.

Here's my Halloween Countdown wall hanging. I'm getting ready to fill it with Halloween treats, prizes and fun activities. We can't forget our pumpkin head. He giggles and says Halloween phrases. Super cheesy, but the kids LOVE it! Enjoy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the halloween blocks, I have some of my to-do list but they keep getting bumped :(
I think seeing yours will get my butt in gear!
Came by from Home Stories

Tina said...

your halloween decorations are neat. I love the blocks I made some too - same color scheme but different. Love the black & white goodies on your piano.

If you have a chance stop by and visit my blog - have a great day!

tina
embellishments by tina

Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper said...

Wow, this all looks great. I hope you will link this up to my Wickedly Creative Halloween Ideas Party.

http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2011/09/wickedly-creative-halloween-ideas-linky.html

Jenn said...

I made those same Halloween blocks! So cute! Thanks for sharing.
Jenn
http://housewivesofriverton.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...