Google Analytics Tracking Code

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Halloween Countdown

I made this last year for my girls and it was a huge hit! It was a fun way to countdown to Halloween. I put little treats and fun little toys like a pumpkin flashlight, mummy suckers, stickers, spider rings, sparkly pens and pumpkin decorating kits. I need to get going on my shopping to stuff it for this year! Enjoy!

Here's how I made it:
  • Decide how big you want it and how many pockets you want on it (mine has 15 pockets)
  • Sew black cotton in a big rectangle. Don't forget to add the ribbon at the top for hanging. I also added ribbon along the bottom for decoration.
  • Cut felt for pockets.
  • Stitch felt pockets on around both sides and bottom leaving opening in the top. I used a decorative stitch to dress it up.
  • Add embellishments to each pocket.
  • Hang from a fun bright witches broom.
  • Fill with treats and toys and enjoy!

17 comments:

Bobbi Jo said...

That is so cute! Hugs, Bobbi Jo

the {Postscript} blog said...

Ahh all these cute craft ideas make me want to have kids right now so I can make them for them haha! Great idea!

-Monica

Digital Scrapbooking Made Easy said...

SO cute! If you get a chance, I'd love to have you link up! (http://scrapbookingez.blogspot.com/2011/09/one-stop-thursday-linky-party_22.html) Thanks again for sharing!

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

I want to make this!! Love this! Thanks for linking up to Things I've Done Thursday!!

Melanie
bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

Big D and Me said...

Definitely a fun idea - my boys would love this

Tammie said...

This is so adorable. I love it. And the Dollar Store is now filled with wonderful Halloween treats. Perfect timing! Thanks for sharing!

Stephanie said...

Hey Marie! That is super cute! What a fun idea to count down to Halloween too! I bet your girls love it! Have a great weekend!

WhyCuzICan said...

Very sweet idea. Kid's love to count down! Thanks for sharing with us :)

Visiting from Happy Hour Project's Linky Party,
Smiles from NW Illinois,
Suzanne

Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper said...

Love! I'd love for you to link up to my Wickedly Creative Halloween Ideas Link Party!
www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Great post! Thanks for sharing such creative ideas.
Hope to see you on my blog:)

Hi, I'm Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh I just love your fall decor! I hope you will add your lovely metamorphosis to my Fall in Love linky party on Wednesday.

Until then, stop by and see the under $20 makeover I gave an ugly brass light fixture.

Happy Monday!

Sherry said...

What a fun idea! My kids are grown but my grandkids would love this. Thanks for sharing.

Jenni said...

This is fabulous. I shared it on FB! I have that same little broom and think I may need to make this for my kiddos! You are so fabulously creative and I am tickled that you linked up with the frog. Hope you will join us again and keep inspiring us.
HUGS~Jenni

Melissa said...

This is a great idea! Good job. I saw you at Sew Can Do's blog hop, and I'm a new follower.

*Jeana* said...

Love it..

Would love for you to share at my link party "Creative Halloween Ideas"
http://jeana-marie.blogspot.com/2011/09/creative-halloween-ideas.html

Hollie - TheSevenYearCottage said...

Super cute!

Adrienne said...

Really cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...