Google Analytics Tracking Code

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Halloween Countdown

I made this last year for my girls and it was a huge hit! It was a fun way to countdown to Halloween. I put little treats and fun little toys like a pumpkin flashlight, mummy suckers, stickers, spider rings, sparkly pens and pumpkin decorating kits. I need to get going on my shopping to stuff it for this year! Enjoy!

Here's how I made it:
  • Decide how big you want it and how many pockets you want on it (mine has 15 pockets)
  • Sew black cotton in a big rectangle. Don't forget to add the ribbon at the top for hanging. I also added ribbon along the bottom for decoration.
  • Cut felt for pockets.
  • Stitch felt pockets on around both sides and bottom leaving opening in the top. I used a decorative stitch to dress it up.
  • Add embellishments to each pocket.
  • Hang from a fun bright witches broom.
  • Fill with treats and toys and enjoy!

16 comments:

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

That is so cute! Hugs, Bobbi Jo

the {Postscript} blog said...

Ahh all these cute craft ideas make me want to have kids right now so I can make them for them haha! Great idea!

-Monica

Digital Scrapbooking Made Easy said...

SO cute! If you get a chance, I'd love to have you link up! (http://scrapbookingez.blogspot.com/2011/09/one-stop-thursday-linky-party_22.html) Thanks again for sharing!

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

I want to make this!! Love this! Thanks for linking up to Things I've Done Thursday!!

Melanie
bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

Big D and Me said...

Definitely a fun idea - my boys would love this

Tammie said...

This is so adorable. I love it. And the Dollar Store is now filled with wonderful Halloween treats. Perfect timing! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Hey Marie! That is super cute! What a fun idea to count down to Halloween too! I bet your girls love it! Have a great weekend!

WhyCuzICan said...

Very sweet idea. Kid's love to count down! Thanks for sharing with us :)

Visiting from Happy Hour Project's Linky Party,
Smiles from NW Illinois,
Suzanne

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Great post! Thanks for sharing such creative ideas.
Hope to see you on my blog:)

Decor To Adore said...

Oh I just love your fall decor! I hope you will add your lovely metamorphosis to my Fall in Love linky party on Wednesday.

Until then, stop by and see the under $20 makeover I gave an ugly brass light fixture.

Happy Monday!

Sherry said...

What a fun idea! My kids are grown but my grandkids would love this. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

This is fabulous. I shared it on FB! I have that same little broom and think I may need to make this for my kiddos! You are so fabulously creative and I am tickled that you linked up with the frog. Hope you will join us again and keep inspiring us.
HUGS~Jenni

Mel Creates Often said...

This is a great idea! Good job. I saw you at Sew Can Do's blog hop, and I'm a new follower.

*Jeana* said...

Love it..

Would love for you to share at my link party "Creative Halloween Ideas"
http://jeana-marie.blogspot.com/2011/09/creative-halloween-ideas.html

Anonymous said...

Super cute!

Adrienne said...

Really cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...