Google Analytics Tracking Code

Friday, September 2, 2011

Welcome Steph from My Lil Pumpkin Patch

I'm so excited today to be blog swapping with Stephanie from My Lil Pumpkin Patch! I've only chatted with Steph through email, but I already consider her one of my blogging BFF's! Come stop by to see what I'm posting and while you're there tell her hi! Take it away Steph!

Hey My Li'l Pink Pocket readers!  My name is Stephanie and I blog over at My Li'l Pumpkin Patch.  I am so excited to be here today to share a fun tutorial with you!
  
I am a wife and a mother (to a sweet two-year old, Isaac).  I enjoy creating things for my home, family, and others.  I love all kinds of crafts: sewing, scrapbooking, card-making, painting, decorating, etc.  I usually try to create crafts that are inexpensive (I love to be frugal).  When I'm not crafting, I enjoy spending time with my family.  Some of our favorite things to do are camping, four-wheeling, and watching Netflix.

Over at My Li'l Pumpkin Patch, I share DIY projects, tutorials, and a variety of crafts.  My blog is also home to a new party, called the "Stache Party," which is dedicated to creating crafts from our stash (to make room for more). 


Today I am going to show you how to make this cute little card.  It is not just any card though.  It has a pocket inside for a gift card!
Here is a list of what you will need:
12x12 Scrapbook paper
Ribbon and Other Embellishments
Glue
Paper Cutter/Scissors
 First, you will cut the outer card piece.  It needs to be 12" by 5 3/8."
 The inner piece needs to be 11 5/8" by 5 1/8."
 You can purchase small envelopes, but I cut mine out with my Silhouette. (It is the "library pocket" and it came with my Silhouette.)
 Next, cut a 2x4" piece of paper.  This will be the part you can write a nice little message on.
 I decided to make a clasp closure envelope, so after gluing the envelope, I punched a couple of small holes in the envelope.  Then, I added some rhinestone brads.
 Thread some floss through the hole in the flap before inserting the brad and wrap the end around the closed brad to secure it in place.
 Once this is complete, you can glue everything together.  Here is how mine turned out:


 I added a chipboard sticker to the front.  You can embellish it however you would like!  I thought it would be cute to make a flower out of felt too.
 I stitched on the front with my sewing machine to add some fun texture.






How cute is that card! I'm always looking for a cute card to put gift cards in! I need to make a bunch of these and keep them on hand! Thanks so much Steph for guest posting today! Go check out all the other fabulous ideas at Mi Lil Pumpkin Patch.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I love reading Steph's blog! What a great project to make!

And congrats on your first blog swap, very exciting!

Eva @ SnappeeTurtle said...

I've recently come across your blog, and wanted you to know that I nominated you for the
Versatile Blogger Award :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...