Google Analytics Tracking Code

Monday, September 12, 2011

Paperclip Earings

In my last Show & Share features I featured some paperclip earrings. I was browsing around and found these paperclip earrings and immediately fell in love with them! I dug through my desk and found some paperclips. Grabbed some thread...wish I would have had floss in the color I wanted. Floss would have been way easier, but I wanted to use what I had on hand.

So here's what you need:
2 paperclips
earrings
floss
glue - use liquid stitch or tacky glue



Open all 3 sides of paperclips forming a triangle. Slide earring part onto paperclip.

Glue together ends of paperclip and begin wrapping floss around the
entire paperclip adding a dab of glue every so often.

Once you've covered the entire paperclip begin making the web like earring by wrapping in all different directions. On my next pair I would make sure to wrap long way in the beginning of wrapping. To finish it off I put a dab of glue at the top and wrapped the end around it multiple times.


This was so simple and took very little time to do. I love how they turned out and I'm so excited to wear them! I love earrings and these are so light weight you don't even notice they're there! I have plans to make more so I'll share those when I get them done! Enjoy!

21 comments:

Christy said...

This is genious! Perfect for halloween "dress up". ;) And with so many possibilities. Thanks for sharring.

Amy said...

When you say floss do you mean dental floss or emboridary floss?

Emilee said...

WOW! great project and super cute!
Great idea thanks for sharing!

http://mommamadeit.blogspot.com

Lori said...

Love it!! I think this would be a fun YW activity, what do you think?

Anonymous said...

Great idea, Marie! They turned out so cute!

Unknown said...

Wow, those look great! I never would have guessed they were paperclips! Thanks for sharing; looks like a fun quick and easy project. :)

amy
oneartmama.blogspot.com

Tanya said...

Those are great! They don't even look like paper clips! What a cool idea!

-Kelsey Coghill said...

ah these earrings are great! I'm going to have to try it! thanks for the inspiration :)

Blissful & Domestic said...

These are awesome! I love them. Thanks for linking up!

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

My daughter is so going to want to make these, cute! Thanks for sharing at Beyond the Picket Fence!

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

Never would have thought of this- you're so creative! Love it! Thanks for linking up to Things I've Done Thursday!

Melanie
bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

Emily Thompson said...

oh... I love this! I have tons of earrings, and this would be perfect to add to my collection.

tousled day said...

They are nice. I bet that it took some time. I made something similar with lace, hope that you'll like my version too.

Mindie Hilton said...

These are awesome. Would love for you to share at.
http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/

I love earrings, I am sharing some Halloween ones I made next week.

Kristin said...

very interesting! i wish I could wear earrings. My holes were pierced too low on one ear and there is just a little thread of flesh left. eww.

Crafty Mischief said...

Looks like we fell in love with the same lovely idea! I saw that we both linked up to a couple of the same parties. How fun! Your earrings turned out gorgeous! I may have to try some in yellow!

Sylvie Créative - Créations Ma Déco Maison said...

I must give a try at your lovely and creative craft idea! I will let you know when done. Thnaks!

Kara @ Mine for the Making said...

how clever and cute! these are super cute earrings! great tutorial :)

I would love for you to link these earrings up at my diy fashion party on thursday! its called diy diva thursdays and is a party to showcase all things fashion...would LOVE to have you :)

kara
www.mineforthemaking.com

annies home said...

very pretty and love the thought that you put behind these earrings using paper clips and all

Dana from Our Life's Legacy said...

What a neat idea! Thanks for sharing!

Divya said...

Beautiful...!! Never realised that it was a paper clip :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...