Google Analytics Tracking Code

Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween & Dinner In A Pumpkin

Happy Halloween friends!

My little Rapunzel and my busy little bumble bee

What are you doing today? Do you have any Halloween traditions? We started our day with Jack -O-Lantern pancakes with special homemade syrup. Dinner on Halloween is big at our house! Every year since I was little we've had a family favorite recipe: Dinner In A Pumpkin. I'm hear to share it with you!


Dinner In A Pumpkin
Medium pumpkin cleaned out (save those seeds for homemade pumpkin seeds)
1 onion chopped
2 cans cream of chicken soup
3 cups of cooked rice
1 pound ground beef
2 Tablespoons oil
4 Tablespoons soy sauce
2 Tablespoons brown sugar


In skillet saute onions in oil until tender. Add ground beef, cook until done and drain if needed. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes. Put in pumpkin and place pumpkin top back on. Place pumpkin on a baking sheet or in a baking dish (if its in a baking dish add a little water so the dish won't burn). Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.


I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does! Have a happy and safe Halloween!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

That picture is so cute! Hope they get lots of candy :) thanks for sharing your family recipe with us... i've got pulled pork in the slow cooker, my first time ever using it! Hope it works!

-rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Katalina Jewelry said...

Cute costumes! Thanks for sharing the dinner in a pumpkin recipe...it's a fun idea!

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Aw, they look so cute! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Hope you have a grand evening. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Rachel said...

I've never heard of this, but it sounds great - and so much fun! I think I've just found a purpose for my second pumpkin :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...