Google Analytics Tracking Code

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Hand Print Pumpkins

Every year during General Conference for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints all the girl's and kiddos in my husbands family get together to eat dinner and decorate pumpkins. My oldest daughter is now old enough to pretty much decorate her own pumpkin with some help with glue. Her first Halloween she was six months old and obviously wasn't old enough to decorate a pumpkin, but I still wanted to get her involved. That's when I came up with hand print pumpkins. Here's a picture of her in 2008.

Are you dying over that face? I know I'm her mom, but seriously how cute is she!
Here she is with her pumpkin she decorated this year.

This year my little one is 17 months old and couldn't decorate her own pumpkin so I decided to do both of my girls hand prints. It really is so easy and I wouldn't normally explain, except I have a trick to not make a mess with the glitter!


First trace hands onto pumpkin.

Glitter can be extremely messy and a pain in the butt to use. It gets everywhere and you can never get rid of it! So here's the trick to mess free glitter. Mix the glitter in your clear drying craft glue and apply to pumpkin or any other project.

Add rhinestones and ribbon and your done!

Enjoy!

18 comments:

Unknown said...

I really love the idea! Your little girl is adorable...and that face in the first picture! Cute!!!

E said...

Love it! So crafty and cute. Do the sparkles get ruined in the rain, or do you keep the pumpkin indoors?

Anonymous said...

So cute! Your girls are adorable! Great tip too! I am going to try it out!

Rachel said...

good idea to mix the glue and glitter together! And ya that top picture is too great for words! sooo cute!

-rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Cooking for My Kids said...

What a cute idea! I love it!

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

Super cute!

Jenny
www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

Good Girl Gone Green said...

Cute! Great idea.

Jenni said...

That is such a sweet and unique way to decorate a pumpkin~ so precious! And your daughter is adorable in both pictures! :)

I also am going to remember your glitter idea! You're so right~ it does get everywhere!

Blessings,
Jenni

Blissful & Domestic said...

I usually juts have my kids paint the pumpkins. I really like how you did this one. So fun! Thanks for linking up and sharing:>

Crafty Mischief said...

What a cute idea! I love the glitter! I found you through Flamingo Toes' Think Pink Sundays linky party. Thanks for sharing!

Vicky @ Mess For Less said...

I have seen lots of pumpkins but yours in the first glitter pumpkin. I love your tip for mess free glitter! Thanks for sharing! I am a new follower from Sundae Scoop. Vicky from www.messforless.net

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Fantastic post!It turned out great and gorgeous colour. Love the glitter. Thanks for sharing.
Hope to see you on my blog:)

Lindsay Artsy-Fartsy Mama said...

Super cute!! Thanks for sharing!

Tara said...

LOVE! LOVE the pumpkin! What a cool idea. We are decorating on Sunday. This will be one we do for sure. And YES her lil face is adorable! What a cutie.

Unknown said...

I love this idea! So cute. And a very nifty trick with the glitter. :)

I'd love for you to link up to my pumpkin party:

"Pumpkinspiration Party!

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

SO cute- love the glitter. Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday.

Melanie
bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

Lexi said...

Such a great idea!

Lexi
http://cupcakedaydreamer.blogspot.com/

Alida - Radcrafter said...

This is a great idea! I may just have to pick up one more pumpkin.

I featured your pumpkin in my recent blog post...http://radcrafter.com/2011/10/jack-o-lantern-halloween-fun/


Alida
radcrafter.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...